Sunday, May 11, 2014

Perspective

When I switch out my everyday life eyes in exchange for my more objective eyes (and a camera is a great way to do so), I realize how lucky I am. I live in one of the most beautiful places on earth, with a beautiful family, a stable lifestyle, and enough free time to spend a few moments here with you.

Too often we forget how great our lives are. We tend to drift afloat a sea of seemingly harmless negative thoughts. You know the ones I`m talking about. “Geez, the minute I clean the house it just gets dirty again, what`s the point?” or “He never compliments me, I guess I shouldn`t expect much from him” or “So much to do, so little time. When`s my chance to do what I really want?”

A good friend once told me, “Our minds are like a search engine. If we search for "reasons why my life isn`t good enough", it will produce a plenty of reasons. But it works just as well in reverse. The key thing with both, is that we decide what to search for.”

Am I an expert in eliminating the stress of raising kids? Do I have the secret to finding and pursuing a passion? NOPE, not even close. But I can tell you that remembering the power and the capacity our own minds have in determining how we view our lives, can be incredibly helpful. 


Because sometimes all we need is that little adjustment in perspective to find the clarity we seek. 

No comments:

Post a Comment