Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Contentment

Last night, as I lay in bed, I found myself feeling something highly unusual. 

Most nights, I easily spend my final waking moments worrying about something, or feeling uneasy about the direction my life has taken, and often feeling sorry for myself. 

Tonight, I lay there listing the things that had been accomplished, noticing the smile on my face and the glow in my heart. There was no spectacular reason for such things, it had been an ordinary day. Nothing I had achieved had been so special.

Somehow today I noticed the good things more. And the more I appreciated them, the more they seemed to bloom around me. Feeling that way surprised myself.

We feel pressure to never be satisfied with ourselves, because that would mean getting comfortable, and settling for low achievements when this war torn world needs us to think and be bigger. We feel like we always have to be wrestling with ourselves. But I can attest to the truth that never sitting back and lovingly acknowledging the good of the now, can strip us of our energy, our life source. 

We`ve heard it all before, but it`s worth saying again. To give, we must have something to give. Giving to yourself replenishes us and and gives us the jolt we need to get back into the game of giving. 

Take a look at your life. Smile. Do a happy dance. You`re doing good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment