Monday, December 29, 2014

Should auld acquaintance be forgot?






Nope. Never.

But some acquaintances inevitably fall backwards into our memory as time or distances expands between them and us. We eventually make the choice, conscious or otherwise, to maintain the relationship or to (as my cheesiest and favorite new series of 2014 declared,) "make like Elsa and let it go."
(That's the only Frozen reference you'll ever see me make, I promise!)

While it has appeared that I have applied said Frozen reference to this blog, I am here to declare today that it is not the case.

Why? Because this blog is too important to fade into oblivion.

If it were simply about me, my cute little life with my cute little family, then it's nobody's loss if the internet were to hold less of my words. But while this blog was driven to conception by my own struggles, I have come to more profoundly understand how much these struggles are shared. By some of you readers, but also by an untold number of Mamas out there who might be feeling incredibly alone in that struggle.

If this humble vessel of words can in some way serve those women, those unsung soldiers of patience and spit-up and diapers... well, that's not something to just abandon, now is it?

Thank you, dear readers, for sticking with me this far.

May 2015 be a surging current of serving words!




No comments:

Post a Comment